Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

How I Wear: bareMinerals "The Wild Thing"

Scared. I am scared of wearing bright colors. Why? I don't know, it's just makeup, right? I first fell in love with the packaging of the Remix Trend Collection (out for spring from bareMinerals), and almost bought items for that reason alone. 
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

I decided to try The Wild Thing....and I will say that I am not sorry. While it's not a quad I would reach for everyday, it is nice for a change. And the super "scary" colors? Not so scary. I think I've said it before, bareMinerals READY shadows can be sheered out, or built up to the color you see in the pan. It makes these brighter shades more wearable for the color shy.

Online, bareMinerals describes the shades as:
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
bareMinerals The Wild Thing, clockwise from top: Sensational, Icon, Controversy, Elitist.
  • Sensational: iridescent aqua
  • Elitist: bronzed taupe
  • Icon: electric chartreuse
  • Controversy: deep marine blue

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
bareMinerals The Wild Thing, L-R: Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
bareMinerals The Wild Thing, L-R: Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
This READY 4.0 quad retails for $30 and is sold in stores and online at bareescentuals.com, ulta.com, sephora.com, or anywhere else bareMinerals items may be sold.

Here is how I wore The Wild Thing:
Icon on the lid, Controversy blended onto the outer corner, Elitist in the crease and Sensational as an inner corner and brow highlight. I also smudged Icon, Elitist and Controversy under my lower lashes, in that order, from inner to outer corner. I used a navy colored liner and smudged Controversy over the top.
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
I know - such a dork! Trying to have some fun and get a picture without 1 of my 3 toddlers in the background.
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
bareMinerals The Wild Thing, top to bottom: Controversy, Elitist, Icon, Sensational 
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy
bareMinerals The Wild Thing, clockwise from top left: Icon, Controversy, Elitist, Sensational
Sensational, Icon, Elitist, Controversy

If you were wondering, here is a list of all other products/tools used. I will try to include this for those that wonder what else is on my face. I don't know that I would necessarily pair the bright lip with this eye look, but I wanted to try a new Moxie out. 
Other products used:

{Face}
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation--3.5
Bobbi Brown Corrector--Light Bisque
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer--Light
theBalm Time Balm Concealer--Lighter Than Light
bareMinerals brow color--dark blonde/medium brown
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural--Light Plus
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer--Original Chocolate
MAC Powder Blush--Melba
bareMinerals READY Luminizer--The Love Affair

{Eyes}
bareMinerals Prime Time eyelid primer
bareMinerals READY 4.0--The Wild Thing
Mally Evercolor Ultimate waterproof eyeliner--Navy
Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner--Ebene
Mally Volumizing Mascara

{Lips}
bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie--Siren

{Brushes}
Sigma:
F80-Flat Kabuki
F75-Concealer
F20-Large Powder
F25-Tapered Face
F10-Powder/Blush
F35-Tapered Highlighter
E55-Eye Shading
E25-Eye Blending
E21-Smudge

Stila:
9

bM:
precision eye
brow

Do you have this quad? Any suggestions on how I should wear it?

Hope you're having a great Monday (if that's possible)....don't forget to check out the 50% off sale on theBalm.com!! I think it goes until 10am PST tomorrow (April 9th).

Here's to the The Wild Thing ;-),
Becca

1 comment: